This Premium SMART H20™ software offers trending and reporting on:
- waterflow through multiple evaporators
- waterflow through individual evaporator systems
- operating hours - multiple evaporators
- operating hours - individual evaporator systems
- average running time per evaporator - and - per multiple banks of evaporators
- evaporator power consumption
- ambient temperature
- ambient Relative Humidity (RH)
- wind speed and wind direction
- this software system also reports and tracks evaporator system alarms
Is site spray DRIFT is an EPA issue – Solution : Evaporator Automation !
BENEFITS of the SMART H20™ Evaporator AUTOMATION Software packages :
- Many of our customers are moving over to fully automated waste water treatment systems that offers both spray drift/overspray control - and maximum evaporation of leachate and excess process water. Control of spray drift is an important consideration. As the produced water is evaporated, the dissolved solids can remain suspended, and the tiny particles produced from this process can travel great distances in high winds.
- Coldmist offers a wind speed and direction device that can provide input to allow the evaporator to be started and stopped based on defined drift limits. Each evaporator location can be specifically customized for your site.
- A fully automated evaporator system will also reduce energy consumption and equipment wear & tear
Waste Water Treatment - Maximize excess water evaporation rates:
- The temperature and relative humidity can also be monitored via our SMART H20™ software packages to allow optimal waterflow through the evaporator unit
- automatic weather monitoring allows us to optimize evaporator performance while remaining within established drift boundaries
- VFD controls on the pump provide the PRECISE amount of water to achieve 100% EVAPORATION of throughput water.
- Oversaturation is avoided and maximum evaporator efficiency is achieved.
- Complete automation packages allow the evaporators to connect with a main site control panel PLC with touch screen display, or to a central computer - to control and enter system and machine set points and values. This data can then be linked via communications to EACH machine in the system.
- Each individual unit can have a small PLC in the control panel to control only that machine and will have an automatic flow to temperature curve, managed by the pump VFD to match evaporation flow rates to the current climate. The goal is for 100% evaporation of water throughput and to avoid air saturation !
- Each evaporator also has individual wind control set points for managing drift, so only machines within these set points range will operate.
- Basically each machine has its own brain and will work within its own parameters and set points.
SMART H20™ Software collects LIVE DATA from the water evaporators:
- This software collects live data and can also generate a variety of trends and reports to evaluate the efficiency of the system.
- In addition - Coldmist can also install a live web cam at the evaporation location so you can watch live from the remote computer to also monitor the evaporator system from remote locations
SMART H20™ Evaporator Software - How it works
- Automation will shut down and start up the evaporator and pump based on different weather conditions - wind speed , wind direction, rainfall , humidity levels and temperature.
- An automation system is highly desirable if the water being treated is corrosive or contains chemicals detrimental to the environment or people.
- The automation system ensures that water spray drift is controlled so that droplets are deposited in a planned containment area without depending on human operators needing to respond to changing weather conditions.
- Designed to operate 24/7, this complete automation system enables the evaporators to instantly and automatically adjust to varying ambient weather conditions - thereby ensuring 100% evaporation of throughput water.
Coldmist evaporator automation systems come in various packages, are usually customized, and will need to be priced individually.
BASIC EVAPORATOR AUTOMATION PACKAGE :
Typically includes: Master control panel (containing PLC, panel view to input set points), weather station (typically includes wind speed, wind direction, humidity and temperature), mounting pole.
Operation: Shuts off and starts evaporator(s) and pumps based on weather conditions (usually wind speed, wind direction, temperature and humidity), speed and direction are set for 8 quadrants of compass; temperature usually triggers at below freezing and humidity triggers at above 80%.
PREMIUM EVAPORATOR AUTOMATION PACKAGE:
Typically includes: Basic Smart H20™ Automation Package plus control software located on central personal computer plus documentation (software allows the user to control the function of the evaporator system and monitor, store and graph system data - via a computer - as well as locally at the master control panel ).
Operation: Same as Basic package, plus allows control or set-point input via computer or a local master control panel.
SMART H20™: Many custom features can be added to the software automation package - dependent on the project site requirements
Custom features that can be added to the evaporator automation system include:
- Sensors and controls programming: Can monitor pond water level, pond salinity level , and measure rainfall; can also control water flow and pressure to evaporators to increase evaporation during favorable conditions and maximize evaporation rates.
- Data interface: data interface programming and hardware can be provided to allow communication and/or control from current site control system.
- Monitoring: Can monitor data for water levels, salinity levels, rainfall, water flow rate, water pressure, water flow.
- Communications within system: Can upgrade to optic fiber and radio communications.
- External Internet access for downloading of data and system operation
- Camera: can include viewing locations “real time” on site and camera operation